Friday, September 25, 2009
Last Friday, after the S.A.G. meeting we tried to photograph Jupiter from La Azotea. Sky conditions were terrible. The results can be improved, but it is a good start. In the first photograph we didn't obtain good enough focus. In the second one focus is better, but some artifacts appear due to some spots and dirt on the CCD. The third one is a new attempt to reprocess the image using the last version of Registax and using supersampling. We think we have improved it a lot removing almost all the previous noise.
We have added a video to show a small clip of the original raw video that we used. It can be noticed that seeing was quite bad. The original video had around 4700 frames of which 2700 had to be discarded due to bad quality (and a cloud that passed by). In the video you can see some of the GOOD frames that we used. Note that Youtube has added some compression artifacts (squares) that are not visible in the original video.