And the following day....
And the following day we tried again with the Moon with a 2x Barlow lens which allowed us to achieve greter resolution (and much more editing work). There are several obvious artifacts due to some CCD dust. We will get rid of them in the following attempts:
- Images: 43 take to create a 5000x9000 panorama
- Takes: ~500 video frames per image (total 22454 frames, 27.5 Gb)
- Capture date: September 11th, 2013, 21:00 UTC (approx.)
- Camera: QHY-5
- Telescope: Meade LX200R 8''
- Software: AVIStack, Astra Image 4.0, Hugin, GIMP
- Needed time: 3 hours capturing, 10 hours of automatic stacking, 6 hours of manual editing